Monday, March 7, 2011

Long time no post. You'll have to excuse my absence...that last few months of my pregnancy were rough. Trying to take care of an active toddler and be eight and nine months pregnant at the same time is very tiresome. I've actually thought about getting rid of the blog because of my neglect but I figure I will leave it up for anyone that has a favorite recipe on here and I know I will randomly post here and there.
For anyone wanting to see the latest addition to our little family head on over to my baby blog and you can meet Cadence Leah. The link is on the right hand side of this blog.

Anywho...

I haven't done much cooking for the last few months and I am so tired of eating out or eating easily made items like sloppy joes and such that I whipped this meal up earlier this week and I was really impressed with it. Both the hubby and I ate two pieces of chicken a piece and even Addison enjoyed the meal.
Bruschetta Chicken:
6 medium chicken breasts
2 large eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup saltine crackers, finely crumbled
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. garlic salt
6 pieces of mozzarella cheese
1 cup bruschetta...our favorite is from Trader Joe's

Directions:
1.) In a large skillet add a few tablespoons of oil along with two tablespoons of butter and set to medium heat. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

2.) In three small bowls/containers add your eggs to one, flour to another, and bread crumb and saltine crackers to a third. Add your pepper and garlic salt to the flour mixture and add the Parmesan cheese to the bread crumb/saltine cracker mixture. You can also add a dash or two of milk to your egg mixture.

3.) Dredge each piece of chicken into the flour mix, then into the egg bath, and lastly into the breadcrumb and cracker mix. Make sure each piece is thoroughly coated.

4.) Add chicken to skillet and brown on each side. On a baking sheet add chicken and stick in the oven for twenty to thirty minutes.

5.) During last ten minutes take chicken out to add cheese and bruschetta. Fold each piece of cheese in half and top each piece of chicken. Add one to two tablespoons of the bruschetta on top of the cheese. Put back in the oven for the last ten minutes or until cheese is completely melted.

I served our chicken alongside of some fettuccine alfredo and some fresh italian bread. This meal was great that night and was just as yummy for lunch the next day.
I apologize in advance if there are some words spelled incorrectly or some sentences that don't make any sense. I have a baby who hasn't allowed me to get a decent nights sleep since her birth three weeks ago.

No comments: