Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bruschetta Bites

I had something similar to this several months ago during a carry-in at work. I have improvised a little bit and let me tell you they are so good. I love tomato based anything but I have never been one to eat a plain tomato. The fact I eat these is amazing. I have never actually made these for a group of people so I don't have exact measurements. I usually keep the supplies on hand so I can make two or three to snack on. Hope you enjoy.


Ingredients:
Asiago cheese, sliced
Roma tomatoes
french bread
fresh basil leaves
Tuscan Italian dressing

Directions:
1.) Toast a slice of your french bread, top with a spoonful of your dressing, top with a sliver of cheese, and then to wrap it up put on a fresh basil leaf and top with your slice of fresh tomato.

How easy is that? I have found my dressing at Jungle Jims and at Trader Joes. You can either toast your bread in a toaster which I usually do or you can brush some olive oil on the slices and pop them in the oven.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those look tasty!

Lissaloo said...

These sound soooooo yummy!! I love basil, I can't wait to give these a try :) BTW I love the lilacs, beautiful :)

Willoughby said...

They look delicious!