Monday, August 3, 2009

Almost there...

Wednesday I will officially be twelve weeks pregnant, which means only one more to go before I am officially knocking on my second trimesters door. I cannot believe how quickly these first twelve weeks have gone by. The morning sickness is still here...no where near what it was in the beginning though which is a good thing. I am finally able to eat things and Pringles have truly become my best friend. I am cooking more which I think my husband is excited about. This coming weekend is going to be a big cooking fest at my house. My sister Nikki's baby shower is this Sunday and I am bringing the majority of the food. I can't wait until it's time for my shower, mainly because it means that we will be that much closer to finally getting to meet this little one that is currently residing in my tummy. The baby clothes are already starting to pour in, mainly girl clothes as that is what everyone thinks we are having. My Dad's girlfriend Donna hit up Gymboree the other weekend and bought not only girl clothes but boys as well, just in case!! I am growing ever more anxious with this baby. I can't stand walking by the clothes and not stopping to just pick them up and give them a good wiff. I can't wait for the day when there will be someone inside of them. We have just a few more weeks until we can find out the sex of the baby but in the mean time I have been hitting up google for all of the old wives tales on how to determine the gender of your unborn child. So far the girls are winning, the only boy tales we have gotten is the wedding ring on the string thing and the fact I am craving salty foods instead of sweats as they say you do with girls.

I finally gave my five vials of blood for the pre-natal testing. To say it was a chore would be an understatement. We went ahead and waited until my next Remicade treatment in hopes that we could get it done with one stick at one sitting instead of two sticks during two sittings. Four sticks later they finally found gold in my left arm. The veins in my right arm have finally given up on us and no longer produce any blood. We can do the infusion in the them but they just don't share the precious red stuff. The fourth stick we moved to the left arm and we hit gold, the blood flowed freely and after having to assist the nurse in taking the blood I about hit the floor. The medical field is definitely not an option for this chicken. I am just glad to have it over and done with and I hope the results provide us with more good news when it comes to the health of this pregnancy. I also hope I don't have to do give up that much blood again during this pregnancy. As a reward for making it through another stressful treatment we went out to dinner and then registered for the baby at Babies R Us which was so exciting. We will register for more stuff once we know for sure what we are having but in the meantime we thought it would be ok to get the stuff we know we will need such as bottles and pacifiers out of the way.

Here's to hoping that the next six months fly by just like the first twelve weeks have done. I know I will need the time to get everything ready to go for the baby but I just can't wait until my snuggle buddy gets here.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

It's been so hard to resist buying baby clothes!! We find out what we're having on the 27th of this month, and I just don't know if I can wait that long. I'm glad everything is going well for you! COME ONE, second trimester!