Anyway, Daniel had a carry-in at work today and after having to ditch the mini pumpkin cheesecakes I had originally come up with I decided on these. I didn't get to try one however he called me this afternoon asking for the recipe because everyone at work wanted it. That would make one think they were really good and honestly, has anyone ever met a brownie they didn't like??
- 1 (21.5 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (I omitted)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the directions on the package. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and cornstarch until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over brownie batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Allow to cool, spread with frosting, and cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator, or freeze in a single layer for up to 2 weeks.