Anyway, we both really enjoy it and it's a good way to get broccoli into your system. This time, instead of spending way to much money on it I spent less but got more by making it myself.
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (I omitted)
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, onion and raisins. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli mixture, and toss until well mixed. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Before serving, toss with crumbled bacon and sunflower seeds.