Saturday, May 1, 2010

Slider-Style Mini Burgers

I was looking for something quick and cheap to make the other day after work and this recipe was showcased on the main page of allrecipes on that particular day. We love hamburgers and I especially love sliders so I thought I would give these a shot. We both really enjoyed them and we will definitely be making them again. Not only were these good served for dinner but they would make an excellent finger food during all of your summer parties!

Slider-Style Mini Burger~
Source: allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef
1 (1.25 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (I used only 1)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used only 2 tbsp.)
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
24 dinner rolls, split
1/2 md. onion, finely diced (was not apart of the actual recipe but I added it in lieu of the second envelope of onion soup)
1/2 cup sliced pickles (optional)

Directions:
1.) Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.


2.) Mix together the ground beef and onion soup mix in a large skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Remove from heat. Stir the mayonnaise and Cheddar cheese into the ground beef mixture.


3.) Lay the bottoms of the dinner rolls on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the cheese and beef mixture on the bottom half of each roll. Replace the tops. Cover with another sheet of aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.


4.) Bake in the preheated oven until the burgers are heated through and cheese melts, about 30 minutes. Serve with sliced pickles.


Now don't hate...you know you eat Spaghettios! LOL

2 comments:

Shelby said...

LOL, I won't hate....but I don't eat spaghettios! lol. Your burger though, I would eat that in a heartbeat!

Julie said...

My kids would love these, they're big slider fans :)