Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer Salad

Daniel made this salad during the first year that we were dating, it must have impressed the family because he is still around. It's simple and easy to throw together and most importantly it goes great with all of your summer functions.

Daniel's Cucumber and Tomato Salad

Ingredients:
2 lg. cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
2 pints of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, cut in half and then sliced
1 16oz. bottle of Italian dressing

Directions:
1.) Throw ingredients into a medium sized bowl and gently toss until dressing has coated everything.
2.) Refrigerate for 3-4 hours to allow the ingredients to marinate.

*We had to use a regular vidalia onion this go round because the selection offered at Wal-Mart was horrible. We like using the red onion for the color.

5 comments:

Lissaloo said...

what a pretty salad :)

Willoughby said...

This would be perfect for Father's Day. My dad is a cucumber fanatic! He'd love this!

Unknown said...

Nothing better than cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion to make it feel officially like summer! I add vinegar, cilantro, jalepenos, and lime juice to mine. If chopped finely it makes a great "salsa" but I like it as a summer side salad myself. Now you've made my mouth water. Can't wait for my cukes and tomatoes to come in!

Megan said...

I love this simple fresh salad. My hubby wont touch anything that even touches a cuke but easy enough to scale down for one.

Julie said...

I love cucumbers like this! I'll bet it's even better with the red onion.