Apple Crisp I
Compliments of Allrecipes.com
- 3 1/2 pounds apples - peeled, cored and sliced ( used 6 granny smith apples)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 packets instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal ( I only used 2 and used what I had on hand that had cinnamon in it, cinnamon roll and cinnamon and spice)
- 1 pinch salt ( I omitted)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts ( I used about a 1/4 cup of pecans, it was all I had)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place apples in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in flour, instant oatmeal and salt. Fold in walnuts. Sprinkle oatmeal mixture evenly over apples. Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake in preheated oven 50 to 70 minutes, until apples are tender and topping is golden.