Friday, March 6, 2009

Another Award!

I was awarded another wonderful award from Gracey and 5th Sister and I must say it is very meaningful to receive these awards from these ladies and everyone else who have passed them onto me. Blogging for me has given me a space for my creative ways in the kitchen and allows me the opportunity to share them with others. It has also provided me the opportunity to visit with other bloggers such as Gracey, and get a look into what happens in other homes across the world. While we may never meet face to face, I can honestly say I have a great group of friends in this world we call cyberspace and I am thrilled to say I am gaining new ones everyday. I have been overwhelmed with the wonderful outpouring of love, support, and well wishes during the struggle I am going through with my disease and it does my heart good.


The rules for accepting this award are listed below:

Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

First off, here are my 10 honest things about myself, I apologize in advance for anything that may come out sounding like I am nutcase!

1.) I married the first man I ever dated/kissed/had relations with(please see apology above). I would send out an extra apology to my Uncle Dan for forcing him to read this, but our family is all crazy and we know about everyone's special relations. Isn't that right Uncle Dan and Aunt Robin??? I can't wait to tell my daughters one day, should I be blessed with any, that I waited for that one special someone!
2.) While I enjoy being married to my Husband, who I truly fall more in love with with every passing day we spend together, there are days when I miss my single days of apartment living. Having my own space, no dogs to dirty my home, moving each year to something new and exciting, and not having to worry about cleaning and pleasing someone else. Does this make me a bad wife?

3.) While I love our dogs dearly and get sad just thinking about the day when they will no longer be with us, there are times when I want to open the front door and let them go. Times like when I run home for lunch, prepare whatever I am going to eat, sit down in my comfy recliner and turn on the Price is Right and Wagner comes over and shakes his head and flings drool all over me and what I am eating. Or the times when I am just falling asleep at night and Toby lets the most ungodly fart possible and I have to vacate the bedroom. Lord, please bless me with daughters, I can't handle any more nasty male anything!!

4.) While Daniel and I both enjoy being homeowners, we bought the second house we looked at after being approved. It was definitely an impulse buy and one we both regret terribly. We hate our house and after having been forced to make thousands of dollars in repairs and updates we never imagined having to make because our inspector should have caught them, I have wondered what it would take to burn the place down? Dogs and personal belongings not included! Is it also bad to wish the tree out back would fall on our roof like our neighbors did, we need a new roof and gutters??

5.) I love to cook and our Saturday night dinners are becoming somewhat of a chore because I try to outdo myself each and every week. I really need to stop and realize, these guys don't care what I make, as long as I make something and we get to be together that's all that matters.

6.) My parents divorced when I was three years old, within a year they were both remarried. Those marriages have now failed, so I am now the proud daughter of four single people. I don't like thinking that my Mom and Dad were ever married...it makes me ill...I don't know why. Maybe it's because I don't remember what it was like with them being together and it's weird to think they ever were. I am glad they aren't together, I think my relationship with them would be very different had they have stuck it out. The one marriage I do wish was still together is my Mom and Step-Dad's...they lasted 20 years and I don't think our family will ever be the same, I don't think they ever will either and it's already been 3 years. At the end of the day however, I will never be alone, I have family coming out of ever nook and cranny and I feel blessed that each and every one of them is a part of my life . I am 25 years old and I still get multiple birthday celebrations and each year at Christmas I make out like a kid in a candy store. In my case, having divorced parents has more positives than negatives and I am a better person for it.

7.) My senior year of high school, when everyone else was running around picking schools and trying to decide on what they were going to be when they grew up, I could have cared less. I chose the one college that was closest to home and I knew would accept me. I picked the one major I knew would make my parents proud and I went with it. I failed terribly and was not ready for the commitment going to college and being someone took. I knew why I lacked the commitment then and it's the same that holds me from going back. At the end of the day I don't know what I want to major in and I don't want to waste anymore time, and it's because the only thing I ever wanted to do with my life was to be a wife and a mother. I want to be the wife that has breakfast ready for her husband in the morning and dinner on the table when he gets home. I want to be the Mom who packs her kids lunch everyday, the classroom Mom and chaperone, and I want to be the Mom who waits at the bus stop every afternoon to walk her children home and ask them how their day went. I don't need a fancy education or a degree in computer engineering that I thought I needed at the time to be either of those things. I just need Daniel and the children I hope to one day be blessed with. It terrifies me that I am going to be 26 years old this year and I am still without a child. I honestly don't know what I will do if I never get to become a Mother. The fact that my sister, who by the way is 5 years younger than I, is pregnant with her first after just a few months of marriage and trying, doesn't help with this matter. I guess if God feels that motherhood is not in my future, I will just have to be the best darn Aunt a kid could ever have!

8.) I would love to have a wedding cake business. Unfortunately, I am no good at baking from scratch. Having to use exact measurements is not good with me. I am like my Grandma, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. You cannot do that in baking. So instead I would like to open up a 50's style diner and one day be on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dive's!! Guy cracks me up. Daniel likes him to, got his book for Christmas.

9.)My goal in life is to be as positive as possible. Sadly, I am the most negative person on the face of the earth. I am a glass half empty sort of gal and I have come to terms with it. After re-reading some of the previous eight truth's about myself, I really think I should do something about it...lol. See a therapist maybe? :)
10.) Here is a positive one. Should one day I ever have any children my children's first names will all end with s-o-n. Our first daughter will be Addison Grace, our first son will be Jackson Daniel, second daughter will be Emerson Faith, and our second son will be Grayson Matthew. Sadly out of all of these names Daniel only likes Jackson Daniel and it is because of the liquor Jack Daniels...MEN!! Also, none of them will go by their full first name, I have shortened them all, Addie, Jack, Emmie, and Gray. Not in love with Gray, but I absolutely adore the name Grayson so I will deal with it. With this all being said though, I will probably have to name my kids something else to please their Father so we do have backups such as Leah Grace, Olivia(Livy) Faith, and Jacob(Jake) Matthew. We shall see if he caves or not when the time comes.
I know I now need to select 7 others to award this to however since I have been working on this for several days now and it is all ready a book long, I am going to post my selected bloggers separately this afternoon.

1 comment:

Gracey said...

I loved your list. Don't feel like a nutcase about the #1, but feel special. I know I do! (blush) [Well, technically I haven't waited until married, but if I still marry my fiance, then we will be ok, LOL] About the pregnancy stuff... I can relate to you, since I am 24 myself and feel it's TOO late and everyone else is having kids but me - but you know what? We want this so much, that we will do our absolute best to be the best mommies possible - late or not. And if we don't get our shot, then... you're right, we will still be the world's bestest aunties! :) I feel honoured that you shared your list with us, Katie! :)