Ham Breakfast Braid~
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 4 ounces cooked ham, thinly sliced*
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat milk and cream cheese together until smooth. Mix in eggs, and season with salt and pepper. Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium high heat and cook egg mixture until eggs are almost set.
- Arrange the crescent rolls from one package into a rectangle shape on top of a lightly greased cookie sheet. Place rolls from remaining package along the edges of the two long sides of the rectangle, with the broad half of the rolls on top of the first layer of rolls, and the pointed ends extending over the sides of the pan.
- Arrange the ham in a layer down the center of the dough*. Spoon the cooked egg mixture on top of the ham and then sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the eggs. Bring the corners of the rolls together over the cheese to form a 'braid' shape.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and rolls are golden brown.
This made enough to serve four people and for us we had enough for breakfast tomorrow.
Now...can you believe this is my second post in a week?? Neither can I and guess what I have a fantastic recipe to share with you in the coming days so stick around. It's a really good recipe and another one that is going to go into my recipe box for future use.